Introducing HĚVENEIRESS LONDON, a new womenswear brand, offering gorgeous pieces including dresses, blouses and hand crafted leather bags. Now listed Internationally, the brand offers chic and feminine pieces, marrying confidence with style. Here’s a snippet from the first collection. Enjoy!
One of the best things about the holiday season: SALES, SALES, SALES. Most people love a good sale, certainly a great way to purchase those outfits you’ve been watching for weeks maybe even months without paying full prices.
As a stylist, one common issue I hear voiced out is that there is soooo much choice! It would be great if a few “best picks” were selected from the sales, to save time and effort. As much as we love Haute Couture and High Fashion, today we will focus on what most people can afford and have higher accessibility to: HIGHSTREET.
So, we’ve scouted the HIGHSTREET sales and made this easy for you: Here are a few of our TOP PICKS from the sales! Hurry: Last chance to get these before they are gone!
STYLEWITHJB presents BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL. We are going colour fabulous in 2014 with lovely Über feminine and sophisticated pieces from our collection.
To purchase “Rose” dresses, “Jade” Jackets, “Geo” Tops, contact Stylist@stylewithjb.com
So, that time of the year – WARDROBE REVAMP – but OH the dilemma and pondering over what goes (to charity….or to your annoying sisters who fervently raid your wardrobe!) and what stays. The decision-making process that begins with “am I ever going to put on enough/lose enough weight to fit into that dress”, “ Oh my goodness! I forgot I had these, haven’t worn them in so long”. If you are anything like me, your wardrobe overhaul certainly takes up a good portion of a day!
Here are a few pointers on how to spot those timeless treasures that reside in your closet (these never fail!):
- A 3-second mental run through of how you felt when you purchased that piece. At first glance, do you still think “come to me my pretty”, “the designer thought of me when he/she made this”, “my closet cannot live without you” – then it’s a keeper
- Those pieces that you have worn over and over and still hear: “Is that a new ….., looks so good”, “I love your ……. where’s it from!?”, “Oh My God, I NEEEEEED that ……..”,“that ………must have lightened your wallet quite a bit” – certainly a keeper
- For frequent travellers – garments made from such easy care fabrics that they require little or no straightening for those early morning meetings after a long journey – keeper
- Those pieces that are work/day appropriate and perfect for evenings out thereafter, when in them you hear “you look so nice, did you go home to get changed” – keeper
- The “forgiving/you’re so good to me” dress, for those days when you say to yourself “the gym and I fell out 6 months ago and I just want a comfortable but über chic dress” – keeper
- You may have had it for a while, but it looks great with just about anything! – I would like to believe every lady has one of these in her closet in one form or the other, but may subconsciously overlook it – most definitely a keeper
Question: If you could save ONLY ONE item of clothing in your closet: what would it be? Leave your answers in the comment section below, it’ll be interesting to know what you love the most!
In the beginning……….Fabrics begat garments………Garments begat fashion………Fashion begat STYLE.
Noticed how some of the best shows on TV capture the influence of late 19th / early 20th century fashion – Downton Abbey, The Paradise, The Young Victoria, Pride & Prejudice etc? Evidently, there is a renewed appreciation for classic and regal elegance. The notion that one mustn’t “bear it all” to be attractive or desirable is fast returning to our screens and is certainly most welcomed!
With more features of truly beautiful pieces on screen – CORSETS, LACE & SILK GOWNS, EXAGGERATED BALL GOWNS, GORGEOUSLY CRAFTED HATS, 2014 trends will no doubt add elements of these graceful silhouettes – I’m certainly loving and looking forward to it! Everything about that era of fashion screams regal beauty, opulence and elegance!
I recently attended the viewing of “Valentino: Master of Couture” at Somerset House in london, where some of the pieces expressed accents of vintage fashion – I was in absolute awe of the pieces. The intricacy of the embroidery, panelling work, drapes, colour blocks – Amazing. With such fine and detailed work – ’tisn’t hard to see why Valentino was and still remains a True Fashion Icon.
I hope the creative world is paying attention and incorporating the increasing preference for classic style and beauty where garments are concerned! – Let’s see what the global high streets produce in 2014!
For a chance to exhibit your vintage style on VIEWERS’ SHOWROOM – Send in photos of your outfits that are influenced or inspired by this era of fashion! to: firstname.lastname@example.org