So, that time of the year – WARDROBE REVAMP – but OH the dilemma and pondering over what goes (to charity….or to your annoying sisters who fervently raid your wardrobe!) and what stays. The decision-making process that begins with “am I ever going to put on enough/lose enough weight to fit into that dress”, “ Oh my goodness! I forgot I had these, haven’t worn them in so long”. If you are anything like me, your wardrobe overhaul certainly takes up a good portion of a day!
Here are a few pointers on how to spot those timeless treasures that reside in your closet (these never fail!):
- A 3-second mental run through of how you felt when you purchased that piece. At first glance, do you still think “come to me my pretty”, “the designer thought of me when he/she made this”, “my closet cannot live without you” – then it’s a keeper
- Those pieces that you have worn over and over and still hear: “Is that a new ….., looks so good”, “I love your ……. where’s it from!?”, “Oh My God, I NEEEEEED that ……..”,“that ………must have lightened your wallet quite a bit” – certainly a keeper
- For frequent travellers – garments made from such easy care fabrics that they require little or no straightening for those early morning meetings after a long journey – keeper
- Those pieces that are work/day appropriate and perfect for evenings out thereafter, when in them you hear “you look so nice, did you go home to get changed” – keeper
- The “forgiving/you’re so good to me” dress, for those days when you say to yourself “the gym and I fell out 6 months ago and I just want a comfortable but über chic dress” – keeper
- You may have had it for a while, but it looks great with just about anything! – I would like to believe every lady has one of these in her closet in one form or the other, but may subconsciously overlook it – most definitely a keeper
Question: If you could save ONLY ONE item of clothing in your closet: what would it be? Leave your answers in the comment section below, it’ll be interesting to know what you love the most!